This page should contain the rules for the Sunnyvale Baylands Park
, especially those that relate directly to the picnic...
- Note:* This page is regarding the picnic events in general, and are not related to a specific year's event. Keep that in mind! (Obviously, as the rules change or we discover problems, this page should be updated!)
- Q.* The Linux Picnic website states "Beer and wine are BYO ("bring your own", not provided). Baylands Park rules say "beer and wine are only allowed in the picnic areas as part of a meal. Other alcoholic beverages are not allowed." Is it OK to bring some to share?
- A.* I'm afraid we're not going to have a way around that. It says it can't
be provided by the event. The park staff won't differentiate between event's organizers/sponsors and the event itself.
Ref: Ian Kluft on mailing list, in response to Michael Halligan, 2005.05.25
As long as there isn't large area "amplified sound", it won't trigger
any park regulations. The instruments themselves shouldn't be a problem.
But if you wanted to set as if for a small concert, then the park wants
that on the Activities Sheet ahead of time and charges additional
They draw the line at the presence of an amplifier and large speakers.
Acoustic instruments are absolutely no problem. Electronic instruments
would probably need to keep volume down to some threshold that we'd need
to clarify with the staff to make sure. Also, typical speakers on
computers or on a bullhorn (used sparingly) are not a problem for the park.
Ref: Ian Kluft on mailing list, 2005.06.02
Bicycles are OK - stay on trails and be careful of pedestrians.
- Do not put anything ( ropes, signs, etc) on trees.
- Do not put anything ( stakes ) into the ground more than 6" and avoid underground water pipes, etc
- Please do not disturb any wildlife that you encounter. The park is a nature preserve too.
- No dogs or other domestic animals, due to the nature preserve. (If anyone needs a seeing-eye dog, contact us and we'll request a waiver.)
- No balloons, due to the nature preserve.
- No fireworks or model rockets.
- Park only in marked parking spaces.
- From May through October there is a single car entry fee of $5.00. (For buses the fee is $20.)
the official park rules
Alvin Oga(?), 2005.06.14 -- Additional signage rule.
Topic revision: r1 - 2007-07-26 - 22:23:33 - TWikiGuest