How to give away big-ticket items at the picnic
- Next to each big ticket item (on the welcome table) there will be a box with a slot in the top.
- We need the following supplies:
- notebook paper
- a roll of raffle tickets (the 2-part kind, you know "keep this coupon" vs "ticket")
- a stapler
- Entrant identifies himself and his/her name is checked off the RSVP list for the given prize (may enter more than one contest but only once each). Entrant is given both parts of the ticket, a sheet of paper, and a pen.
- Entrant writes a short essay / paragraph on what he or she would use the item for. DO NOT PUT NAME ON ESSAY.
- Entrant staples half of their ticket to the essay and puts it in the box for that prize.
- Judges take all the essays out of the boxes and read them. The most worthy is judged based solely on the writing, not the identity of the winner. (Judges are not eligible to win.)
- We use the number on the ticket stapled to the essay to call the winner to get their prize.
Bill Kendrick, 2005-07-14 16:45 - Created this page, based on suggested method posted to the mailing list by Bill Ward (2005-07-14 13:35)
Topic revision: r1 - 2007-07-26 - 22:23:33 - TWikiGuest